Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Executive Health Screening at Prince Court Hospital

I already blogged about how I celebrated my birthday early-- dinner at Beato's Steak and Saturday Night Fever the Musical.  Now I will tell you how I spent my actual birthday.  Joe and I spent the day together at Prince Court Hospital undergoing an executive health screening.  Not what you expected, I bet!
 Prince Court hospital is located at 39 Jalan Kia Peng in Ampang, right down the street from the American Embassy.  It is "an internationally accredited, multi-specialty hospital located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia", according to its website.

 It is also a Medical Tourist destination.  Interesting.  Anyways, Joe and I both needed physicals.  It had been years since I had had full blood work done.  My friends, Allison and John, had recently done these screenings, for less than $400 each.  In the US, this screening would cost so much more. I paid the bill in full before leaving.  We do have health insurance that should cover some of the cost, but I will now have to file an claim.  One more thing, if you are a Maybank customer, you can now receive 10% the price of executive health screenings or hospital rooms.

There are several packages available for men and women.  Or you can customize your package according to your condition and concerns.  This is the package I did.
This is the one Joe did.  To see all the health screening packages available, CLICK HERE.  To request an appointment, send an email to executivehealth@princecourt.com.

Our appointments were at 8:00 and 8:15 am.  We went in the main entrance of the hospital.  Turn left at the main corridor and go to the second door on right.  We arrived a little bit early, and the doors to the center didn't open until 8:00.  There is a nice waiting area further down the hall.

Once inside the Executive Health Screening center, you will sign in and fill out a standard health questionnaire.  Then you will be called for the first of your tests-- the blood work.  (You will need to fast before your blood work.)  After you are done there, you will be led to your next tests.  There is a steady and organized stream of tests and a chance to visit with a doctor. There is a locker room for you to change into workout clothes for the treadmill test and to store your belongings.  You will travel to other floors for ultrasound and eye screenings.  After you are done with all the tests, you will have a break before seeing the doctor again to discuss your results.  We had two hours, so we headed to the Pavilion Mall for lunch.

After lunch we met first with a nutritionist.  This was not a very long meeting, but after viewing our test results, she gave us some nutritional advice.  Nothing we didn't really already know.  Then we went to see the doctor.  He went over our test results.  No surprises there.  Joe and I are in good health and most things came back normal. Just a couple of issues we were already aware of.  But it is always good to hear that things are okay.  I would recommend having these tests done at Prince Court Hospital.  The entire process was efficient and well-organized.  Something I no longer take for granted!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment