Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Monday, February 16, 2015

Austin Plays Rugby in Bangkok!

 A couple of weeks ago, Austin flew to Bangkok to play in a rugby tournament with his school.  


Austin left for the airport from school.  There were several flights to Bangkok, and I didn't even realize we would be on the same flight until I spotted him at the airport.


Here is Austin with a few of his friends.  They don't call me Mrs. Holmes.  They call me Mrs. Lightyear.  Why?  Because Austin's nickname is Buzz Lightyear!




Do you see the resemblance?  I do!  :)

The rugby team at  Bangkok International School

We missed the first day of Austin's rugby tournament as Joe wrapped up work and dinner with his boss.  We were excited to watch some rugby on Thursday.  I got back to the hotel after dinner and drinks, and checked my phone, as I had before dinner.  One of the things I don't like about traveling is not having a data plan or cell service.  I usually just do without for a few days, checking phone at hotel.  This is what was on my phone from Austin:
Hey mom.  Just in case you didn't see, gotta broken ankle
!!!!!!!!!!


This is the Austin we found at the rugby field the next day!  :(  He broke his ankle in the second game of the tournament.


He did find some kind souls to push him around.


Needless to say, Austin was very disappointed to not be playing rugby in Bangkok!  But I am happy to say his team won the gold medal at this tournament.


We ended up taking Austin home early.  Luckily I got him a bulkhead seat with a bit more legroom.  So ended our few days in Bangkok!

By the way, we flew Malaysian Airline to Bangkok, Asia Air on the way home, and Austin played rugby.  The Holmes family, living life on the edge!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your life on the edge--sorry about Austin's injury though. Hope his recovery is going well!!

    ReplyDelete