Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Two Weeks in Texas!

We have had a great two weeks in Texas, with lots of family time.


Christmas morning in Mineola.  That is Joe's dad hidden by Jared's hat.


Our family is strewn across Texas, and we had to do lots of driving.  Before Christmas, and while driving from Killeen to McKinney, we stopped at West, Texas.  This small town has a Czech heritage and is famous for kolaches.


Kolaches are like doughy pillows of bread goodness, stuffed with all sorts of things, like cheese, sausage, or jalapenos, or a combination of the aforementioned.  There are also sweet kolaches, which are more like a danish.  Just in case y'all were wondering.


Jared, my older son, enjoying his kolaches.  He always try to grab a great kolache whenever he is visiting from Philly.


Back to Christmas morning.  Austin gets a new bow.  So useful for living in an Asian city.  Not.  :)


Savannah plays Santa and hands out the gifts.  She loves these Grinch onesie pj's she bought at Wal-mart, her favorite store!


'May Your Journey always lead you home'.  Perfect pillow gift for us!


The boys in hats


The Holmes cousins (minus Amanda and plus Angel).  For once, Austin is not the biggest guy around!


Christmas dinner


and birthday cake for Poppa.


Diane and Raymond (Poppa)


I am not trying to get a picture of Jared.  I am really taking a picture of my Diet Dr. Pepper (ignore the pepsi on the cup)!  


Family lunch at East Texas Burger, before we head to Austin to see our grandson!



It wasn't our year to get our daughter for Christmas, but we got to spend a few days with them after Christmas.  Here is Austin and Savannah playing with Cooper!


My four kids just chillaxing


Um, mommy, Grandpa is kissing me again!


This was our family trip to one of the malls in Austin.  Here is Seth, my son-in-law, carrying Cooper. It is hard to tell, but it is a big fabric wrap thingie.


Here is my lunch buddy!


I guess you never outgrow being a Legomaniac!  At least now they buy their own Legos.  :)


The girls and I went shopping around South Congress in Austin.  This was written on the side of a taco restaurant.


Cooper and Grandpa watching football


My family came to Austin for lunch and to meet Cooper.


Four generations!  Me, Cooper, my mom, and Amanda



Jared and my sister's son, Danny.  


The weather was cold and rainy for much of our time in Texas.  This was one of maybe two nice days  there.  Here is the Texas state capitol.


We walked around the University of Texas Campus.  This mural was just off the main drag.


UT Tower


And we got to celebrate Savannah's Sweet Sixteen together!


Our Little Family

It was a fast and fun two weeks!  It was worth the 25 hours of flight time to see everyone.  I miss my family, but am glad to be back in warm, sunny KL!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I know it is hard to see everyone. Melissa said she got to spend some time with you. Looks like it was a nice time with family and the new grandchild. You all look great! Can't believe our High school Reunion is coming up....Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete