Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Saturday, January 24, 2015

The World of International Schools!

A little over two years ago, my family was living outside of Chicago, Illinois, where we knew our children would graduate from high school.  We were cheering Austin on as he played football.


Just 27 months later, my kids are at their second international high school and we are cheering Austin on in rugby.  As we also watch the monkeys playing on the fence surrounding the school in Malaysia.


My kids have been to an international school in Oman and now in Malaysia.  My daughter, Savannah, found this link on BuzzFeed, and I thought it was so spot-on!  Except #10, #16, and #17.   :)  And she is not looking forward to IB (international baccalaureate) program next year!
Side note:  I spelled baccalaureate correctly on my first try!  Pretty proud of myself!


Here is a link to my kids' world:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/autmnjones/signs-you-were-an-international-school-kid-grak#.umGRpVpZEl

I don't believe that my kids have a heart of stone, though there have been a lot of hard good-byes.  And they are too young for commitment issues!  But the rest is very accurate.  This does remind me of a conversation I had with Austin in Oman.

Austin:  I miss Americans.
Me:  Aren't there Americans in your grade?
Austin:  Yes, but they aren't real Americans.  You know, the kind who have lived in the US.

Happy Sunday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment