Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Monday, August 18, 2014

Setting In!

My husband, Joe, just asked me when I was going to do a new blog post.  I told him that I didn't think I had done much that was blog-worthy.  Just your normal settling in stuff like:

* New student school orientation
* Sending kids off to new school

First day of school

* New-parent PTA coffee
* Visiting IKEA for basic household things (I have never lived so close to an IKEA.  In Oman, it would take a trip to Dubai to go to IKEA!)
* Learning how to use all my unfamiliar European appliances
* Facetiming my kids and precious Cooper!

Savannah and I talking to Cooper

* Trying out several different grocery stores (Muscat friends, you don't know how good you have it.  I miss Sultan Center!)  I have yet to find very many American brand foods.  Though I am told they do exist in KL.
* Found a new orthodontist to replace Savannah's broken retainer
* Took Savannah shopping for hiking boots.  She will spend a week with a school group hiking in Bhutan!!  Found these boots at Explorer in Publika Mall.


* Found a new hair and new nail salon.  This summer was pretty much about my grandson Cooper, so I arrived to KL a mess.  :)
* Visited several malls (Um, gotta say, the malls are fabulous!  They may not have 3-story aquariums and ski mountains like in Dubai, but they are still great.)
* Joined a great new gym
* Visited a new church
* Hired a cleaning lady  (Yay!)
* Ordered cable service
* Ordered water delivery
* Made new friends  :)
* Furniture shopping

Love this coffee table!  I love the mixture of the sleek chrome, glass, and carved wood.  (The store's name is Chantique, by the way.)

I have also spent some time learning about things to see and do around Malaysia and surrounding areas.  We just haven't done any yet!  Our weekends seem to revolve around our kids' social lives right now.  But I am not complaining-- I am thrilled they are making friends.  Just figuring out how to get everyone where they need to be.

The most frustrating thing right now is that we are still waiting on our sea container.  Any day now!  I should have packed more into the air shipment, but I thought since we were going to the US for five weeks, our sea container should be here when we got back.  Oman is not that far away.  Oh silly me!

So what do I miss most about Oman (besides the people)?  Blue skies and sunshine!!!  It has been cloudy and rainy every day since I have been in KL.  But, I really do like it here so far.  So much to see and do and eat and buy!  :)  I am looking forward to great times these next three years!












No comments:

Post a Comment