Malaysia and More!

Malaysia and More!
Kuala Lumpur Skyline

Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 14, 2015

There is more to life in KL than travel.  I thought I would just show you a day-- November 14, 2015.
Austin and I had to be at school early for our annual International Fest!  I have found that most international schools have some sort of festival celebrating all the cultures within their school community.   I was in charge of the food tables for the 24 countries selling their cuisine.  Austin was the emcee for the cultural show.  No mistaking what country Austin is from!
The event officially begins with the parade of nations.  There are 64 countries represented in our school!
The parade ends on the stage.
Here are some Indian ladies behind their food table.  This one one of the colorfully decorated country tables.
All the other countries were selling cooked food.  Not Canada!  They were selling do-it-yourself s'mores.  Here I am, giving it a try.  There are flames between the rocks.  It was such a fun idea!
 Japan
 Oman
Germany
Here was Austin, doing his job as the emcee.
After the International Fest, I rushed home and took a short rest.  Then time to get ready for the next event.  Here is my talented friend, Brenda, helping me fix my hair.
The next event?  Latin Charity Ball!
The theme was 'Amazonia' and we were welcomed into the 'jungle' right away.
Our friends, John and Allison
The ball began with a cocktail hour.  There were three stations set up with some signature cocktails.  This was the mojito station.
That is a lot of mint!
Then I saw the Juan Valdez table.  I thought, coffee?  What a great idea!  I began the day early and knew the ball would run late.
But no, coffee was not being served.  It was espresso martinis!  Can I say how delicious they were?  A friend made the comment that these martinis combined the best of morning and the best of evening!  These were so good that I looked up a recipe.  I haven't made it yet, but hope they are as good.  To see the recipe, click here.
The boys in our bunch
Pisco Sours
There was a silent auction for charity.
Then it was time to enter the ballroom!  What an entrance.  There was a wonderful salsa band and a great DJ.  I have been to a few balls in the last three years, and this was one of the best!  Only topped by the Thin Red Line Ball in Muscat, Oman.
This beautiful group of teens worked at the ball, registering guests, selling raffle tickets, and other tasks. 
My own beautiful teen, Austin.  He was such a good boy, dancing with his momma.
We left the ball at 1:00 am, though it lasted till 3:00!  This was the view from my balcony of the KL tower.  It was lit up in red, white, and blue as a tribute to the victims in Paris the night before.




No comments:

Post a Comment